Summer Proof Makeup

Whenever Summer time comes around, I always tell myself to wear less makeup or no makeup at all if I ever find the courage to do so. ...



Whenever Summer time comes around, I always tell myself to wear less makeup or no makeup at all if I ever find the courage to do so. But let's be honest, we always tend to wear the same amount of makeup as if it was Fall or Winter. This tends to lead to having our makeup melt around our face or we smudge the makeup around because of sweat.

So for the past 2 to 3 years that I have been using makeup, I find that these tips and products have worked for me the best during the summer time. Of course, we can't really help the melting and smudging because it will always happen. However, we can try to prevent it from happening at a faster pace.


1. SUNSCREEN

After your morning routine, apply sunscreen to your face, spreading it down to your neck. We tend to forget applying this because we would think that some of our makeup products already have SPF. I would recommend using sunscreen products that is oil free. Our face will less likely become greasy by the end of day because there is less oil applied to our face. 

The product I recommend is Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF 50.



2. PRIMER

If you have oily-combo skin like I do or just oily skin in general, I highly suggest that you apply primer on both your face and eyelids. The reason being is because it helps prevent the oil to seep out from the face. And primer helps the application of products to go smoothly.

The face primers I recommend are the Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Mattifying Primer and the Makeup Forever Step 1 Base Mattifying Primer. I would also recommend the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer because according to the Sephora associate I talked to, that primer makes any product applied on top of it waterproof. So if you want to splurge or invest into buying a high-end product, then I suggest the Hourglass primer.



The eye primers that I recommend are the Nars Eye Primer and the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer  Potion in Original.





3. FOUDATION

To be honest, its best if you skip this part because I don't see the need to use foundation. But if you are one of those people who can't seem to live without foundation then go on ahead. I recommend a foundation that is heat proof, sweat proof and water proof even. We don't want our makeup to melt in the middle of the day so we need to bring out the big guns. I've used both of these foundations that I am recommending and they work like a dream! They literally stayed on my face throughout the whole day without the greasiness and the heaviness.

Side note: BB CREAM? NO! Stay away from BB creams during the summer time because they will grease your face like its nobody's business. Please for the love of makeup do not use bb creams.

The products I recommend are the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-Foundation and the Makeup Forever Face & Body Foundation.







4. CONCEALER

For concealer, I always try to use less because they always crease under my eyes. No matter what type of concealer I use, it creases. But I do have concealers that I enjoy using and they stay on my face at a decent amount of time. Remember to set it with a powder after applying!

The concealers I recommend are the Nyx Waterproof Concealer and the Maybelline Master Concealer.





5. EYEBROWS/EYESHADOWS/EYELINER

For the brows and eyeshadows, I recommend products that are cream or gel based. The reason being is because cream or gel based products are somewhat waterproof so it wouldn't smudge when your sweating or when water accidentally splashed onto your face. Oh don't forget to set your eyebrows with an eyebrow gel.

And for eyeliner, we should use a waterproof eyeliner. We don't need to splurge on this one because there is a bunch drugstore eyeliners that beat the high end ones in this department.

The eyebrow products I recommend are the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade and the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel.


The eyeshadow products I recommend are the Revlon Cream Eyeshadow and the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow.







The eyeliner products I recommend are the Wet n' Wild H2O Liquid Eyeliner and the Essence Gel Liner.




6. MASCARA

I honestly haven't found a mascara that doesn't flake on me when it touches water or that doesn't smudge at the under outer corner of my eyes. So I would suggest any waterproof mascara that you already love and adore.


7. BLUSH/BRONZER/HIGHLIGHT

It now my favourite part of the look! I always look forward to apply my blush, bronzer and highlight. The products I suggest to look for in a blush and bronzer is either waterproof or cream based. Like I said earlier, cream based products last longer on your face compared to powders. Any cream blush and bronzers would do but I would just list down products.

The blush products I recommend are the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush and the Nyx Cream Blush.




The bronzers I recommend are the Rimmel London Natural Waterproof Bronzer and the Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer (the non-shimmery one).




As for highlighter, I don't really have any products to recommend since I tend to stay away from it during the summer time. As long as its cream based, the product will last on your face for a long time.


8. SETTING SPRAY

And of course at the end of putting all of that makeup, we need to ensure that it would last all day on your face! A setting spray is a good product because it will do just that and it refreshes your face after applying the makeup.

The products I recommend are the L'Oreal Infallible Setting Spray and the Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray.




And there you go! If you do every single step, your makeup will be summer proof. I tried most of the products I recommended and I did my research for the other ones. They literally are the best during the Summer. Comment down below if I missed any products or if any of you used the products I mentioned.

Enjoy your summer!


xoxo,





DISCLAIMER: Opinions of products are my own and the photos do not belong to me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments