Favourite Makeup Releases of 2015

The year is almost at its end and I would just like to look back at the wonderful things and opportunities that has happened. The same...



The year is almost at its end and I would just like to look back at the wonderful things and opportunities that has happened. The same goes for beauty products. Looking at my list, 2015 is definitely the year of liquid lipsticks, highlighters and contour kits. I have some of the products listed but not all since they're either sold out like never coming back or hard to get because its always sold out after it has been restocked.

It was really hard to narrow down my favourites. But I know these are the ones I was really excited for before and after its release. There are not in any particular order so I didn't choose any favourites out of all. Anyways, let's get started!


PALETTES

I was really excited for the release of this palette because when I first saw its swatches, I was impressed by its pigmentation and the choice of colours. I actually featured this is my wishlist last November and my close friend actually gave this to me as a gift! (THANKS VERA!) Review and swatches coming soon!

Matte eyeshadows are my baes so when I found out through Judy from It'sJudy'sTime that Tarte released a palette with colours that I would wear, I was so excited!

This palette gives me life! Literally. Ever since this came out, everyone has been asking the question, "How does it compare to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit?". I can't really answer that question since I don't own the Anastasia one, but I really like the Kat Von D palette. I had to go back to my local Sephora a couple of times since it was always sold out.

I haven't tried this palette but it looks promising! I actually can't wait to try this one if ever I get my hands on it.

THIS IS A HARD PALETTE TO GET YOUR HANDS ON. ITS ALWAYS SOLD OUT. I'm still trying--believe me. Anyways, this one is also featured in my Christmas wishlist.


Liquid Lipsticks

The shades that I was literally excited for was Havana Nights and Miami Fever by Kathleen Lights. They're so beautiful! I haven't gotten my hands on them but 2016 is my makeup year. Haha.

This indie brand started this year and they've been killing it with the colour selections. They only have 4 colours, but it has been sold out and restocked a couple of times. And that says something.

This is a really exciting time for drugstore products. There a few releases from different brands, trying out the liquid lipstick gig. But NYX has been killing it! I haven't tried it but based on how its always sold out in my local drugstore mean something. Oh did I mention that they're coming out with a new line next year? I'm excited!

These are so versatile that you can use it as eyeliner as well. How cool? That's all I can say because I haven't tried them, but the new colours are bomb!

Colour Pop has been killing it with its new arrivals of eyeshadows, lippie stix, lip liners and its ultra matte liquid lipsticks. THEY ARE BOMB. And inexpensive too!

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills
The website seems to be down since I'm unable to link it to the title. Anyhow, this brand is probably where liquid lipsticks was first introduced to me. I don't know if they were the first one to create it, but their colour selections are phenomenal. I don't think they're stopping anytime soon!

Two words. SOLD OUT. This liquid lipsticks has been talked about ever since Kylie was giving sneak peeks on her instagram. And when it finally was released it was sold out fast. There were issues too because the website went down because of so many people trying to buy them. I don't know when they're going to restock the lipkits but I'm pretty sure its going to be whirlwind when it does.


Other Products

According to my local MAC store, this was sold out within 10 minutes it was released! Reason? SOCIAL MEDIA. It was so hyped up in the makeup community that it was gone just like that! And the worst part? Its not going to be restocked because its a holiday collection. I think you can still get it online but only for Shaft Of Gold.


I honestly had to call all of the Sephora stores near and far from where I live. It was literally sold out everywhere for how many months before I finally got one. It's definitely worth the wait. This baby is so good and my favourite! You can check out my review here.

They are doing so well with their new releases! My favourite ones are: Matte+Poreless foundation which I wrote a review on here, Lash Sensational Mascara and the Superstay Better Skin Concealer. According to so many beauty youtubers, this concealer is a dupe for the Urban Decay Weightless Concealer but its has a more heavy consistency.

I honestly don't know if this was released this year. Nonetheless, this product is the best ever! It cleans my face and it feels soft afterwards. I believe it has more product than the GlamGlow one and inexpensive too!


There you have it! Its a really long post, but these are my favourite 2015 product releases! If you have any favourites or have tried any of these comment down below and maybe help a girl out!

Have a blessed day!







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Based on everything you have here it makes me feel like I my yesterday was in 2014!! I'm a bit afraid to use liquid lipsticks- my lips seem to dry out regardless whether its matte or not!

    Love these faves!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Girl don't worry. I just started venturing out into liquid lipsticks. They're honestly intimidating at first. Whenever I have dry lips, I apply a lip balm or vaseline before doing my makeup and when I'm about to apply the product, I just wipe off the balm on my lips and apply the liquid lipstick. ;)

      xx

      Delete