MOTD: Gold Holiday Makeup

December is here and I haven't gotten around to do any Christmas shopping. Can you believe it? We have 26 more days before 2015 is ov...


December is here and I haven't gotten around to do any Christmas shopping. Can you believe it? We have 26 more days before 2015 is over?! I mean, I'm honestly still in September and I feel like the days are just going by fast as I get older. Anyhow, in the spirit of the coming holiday, I want to create a look that anyone can wear for parties and dinners. I've always wanted to do a gold eyeshadow look so that's what I have today and hope you enjoy!


Products used:


With primed eyelids, I used a light brown eyeshadow with grey undertones on my crease as a transition colour. I mostly concentrated it on my outer v. Using the shadow stick from Make Up ForeverI applied it on my entire lid without going over my crease. I only want the taupe-y gold shade on my lid--making sure that when I blend, it will only stay on my lid area. Oh and I extended it, too, towards my inner corner to brighten up my eyes. Then I used a little bit of Sand on my crease to have a gold colour there. Using that same eyeshadow I packed it on my lid area to intensify the colour.

On my under eye, I only applied the light brown shadow for a bit of smokiness. Apply your favourite eyeliner, falsies and mascara!



On my lips, I applied on L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in the shade 847 Sable. I tried finding it everywhere, but I think its a discontinued colour because its sold out and I couldn't find it in the L'Oreal website. Its actually a chocolate brown colour with red undertones, but on my lips it mostly looks red with brown undertones.


I hope you enjoyed this look! I really love it because I think its appropriate for Christmas parties and dinners. If you want to see swatches of the eyeshadow I used, see here. I also featured the lipstick in a swatch here.

Have a blessed day!

xoxo,








DISCLAIMER

You Might Also Like

0 comments