Review: Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask + Lip Balm Duo

Hey lovelies! I am reviewing the Kaplan MD Perfect Pout lip duo that I purchased a couple of months ago at Sephora. One of the reasons ...

Hey lovelies!

I am reviewing the Kaplan MD Perfect Pout lip duo that I purchased a couple of months ago at Sephora. One of the reasons why I bought this product was because I wanted something that can moisturize my lips while having that plumping effect. In order words, I wanted the Kylie Jenner lips without the pain.




You can purchase this product at your local Sephora stores for C$28 ("C" stands for Canadian just in case you didn't know). It may even be cheaper if you're in the U.S. or a bit more expensive if you're in Europe or Asia. I actually found this by the line dividers I think its called. You know, those little temptations by Sephora that you find when you're in line and about to pay. Yeah...



The box contains a lip mask (0.32 oz), a lip balm (0.17 oz), a spoon to scoop the product and information regarding how to use each item. Honestly, the instructions are easy to follow and it only takes an average person around 3-5 mins to do them.

Instructions from the Sephora website:
Lip 20 Mask:
- As step one, spread a generous layer directly to clean lips. 
- To treat the fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, spread about a half-inch beyond the natural lip line. 
- Mild tingling will occur due to the papaya enzymes.
- Let sit for three to five minutes, then wipe off any excess product with a soft cloth or tissue. 
Lip 20 Balm:
- Apply immediately after exfoliating to seal in hydration and protect lips.

Okay, enough blabbing and I will share what this product claims to do that you can see from the Sephora website or on the box.

Claims:

"This must-have antiaging pair naturally plumps and redefines the look of the lip contour while quenching skin’s thirst by deeply hydrating. Both the lip mask and balm reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the lip area and protect against sun damage."

When I first used the mask, I felt weird because of the tingling effect of the enzymes. You can actually see your lips become more plump and juicy looking. My lips are naturally plump but it thins out at the sides. Using the product, I noticed that the side portion of my lips gets a bit thicker whenever I use the mask. I usually allow it to stay on my lips for 5 minutes and then wipe it off with tissue. (side note: whenever applying the mask, always over apply it about a quarter to half an inch. You would see the effect more that way.) Then, I apply a generous amount of lip balm on my lips.


For those who are wondering of the scent, I don't find it a bother because it doesn't have a strong fragrance. Also, I find it best if you use this product at night, so that it could absorb the balm and moisturize the lips while you sleep.


Does it have a lasting effect? 

I am not sure about the plumping effect. I don't really observe if my lips are as plump after applying the product. I do notice though that I don't need to apply my normal lip balm as much as before because my lips are not as dry and cracked. (DON'T FOLLOW ME! YOU SHOULD STILL USE LIP BALM TO PROTECT LIPS FROM SUNBURN.)

Is it worth it?

To be honest, I think its worth the investment. If you really have dry lips, this will help lessen the peeling and the cracking. It helped me a lot with my dry lips and now my lips are healthy looking as ever! Plus, it gives you that plump, healthy, Kylie Jenner type of lips! I mean who wouldn't want that.

So there you go... my first review! How was it? Haha. Anyhow, if you have any questions or anything to add on about the product, comment down below and we can chat!


Have a blessed day!


xoxo,










Disclaimer: Opinions of the product are my own. Claims and Instructions were copied from the Sephora website that you can find here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments