Review: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Champagne Pop

Hey lovelies! Today is probably my most favourite review ever! The reason is because I have been waiting for this product to be in my m...

Hey lovelies!

Today is probably my most favourite review ever! The reason is because I have been waiting for this product to be in my makeup collection for almost a month and I finally have it and it did not disappoint! Don't know what I'm talking about? Well, its the collaboration of Becca Cosmetics and Jaclyn Hill of one of their best-selling highlighter, Champagne Pop


This bad boy is always sold out ever since it was introduced in the beauty world. I literally called every single Sephora around my area even the ones further away to see if they have it in stock. I even asked to write my name down for their waiting list. That seems a bit extreme, but this product is so hard to find! I mean, a highlighter that could suit to all shades and was produced from the same company that brought Opal and Moonstone (one of the most raved and talked about highlighters ever), I could see why its so hyped about! 

I know, I know. Sometimes, over-hyped products don't really wow most buyers. I get it. I was there before too. I have bought products because everyone was saying it was the best, but when I, myself, tried it I did not see what was amazing about it. But honestly, Champagne Pop is one of the exception.


If you are not familiar with this product, don't worry! Here are the details about the highlighter from Sephora.com:

"BECCA collaborated with YouTube beauty celebrity and makeup artist Jaclyn Hill to create a new limited-edition shade of their number one bestselling luminizer powder. Featuring her dream shade, Champagne Pop—a soft white, gold shade with pinky peach undertones—this creamy luminizer leaves the skin with a soft pearlized glow. It’s infused with light-reflecting pearls that beautifully catch the light, allowing your favorite features to pop. Just apply to targeted areas, or simply sweep it up on the cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose for quick, radiant perfection."

In layman's terms, it is a makeup product that luminizes and accentuates the features of the face.


If you are thinking about buying it but want to know the pros and cons of the product, here are some things that could help you decide. Also, the swatch above is only one swipe.

PROS:
- Suits all skintones because of the pinky-peachy undertones
- it could give you a natural illuminating glow or a glowy wet look
- pigmented; a little goes a long way
- longlasting

CONS:
- limited edition *edit 01/20/2016: ACCORDING TO JACLYN HERSELF, THIS IS NOW A PERMANENT PRODUCT*
- expensive

Yes, that's right. Champagne Pop is a limited edition product so I don't know until when they will keep it. Also, like I said, this product is always sold out so if you ever visit your local Sephora and see it on the display, grab it girl and run straight to the counter. I also mentioned that its expensive. The highlighter retails for C$46. It may be cheaper or more expensive depending on where you live so you might want to check your local Sephora.

Here is what it looks like when its applied on my face...



I applied the product using #74 brush from Sephora and just swept it on my cheekbones, a little bit on top and below my eyebrows, on the tip and bridge of my nose and a tiny bit on my cupids bow. I prefer having the natural glowy look compared to other people. This literally is the best because it doesn't emphasize my imperfections and it doesn't leave that white cast. It blends beautifully into my skin!

Have you tried Champagne Pop yet? If you do, tell me down below! If you haven't, are you planning on buying one?

Have a blessed day!

xoxo,


You Might Also Like

0 comments